Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bathroom Moodboard

With building set to commence soon, I've been thinking a lot about all the different elements of each room and how they'll work together.  This is not my strong suit and it brings me a lot of stress.  Usually once I live in a space for a while I have a better sense of what I want and can better visualize when I'm just changing one thing at a time.  Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury with this build.  One area I've found particularly stressful is the bathroom.  Fortunately, I think I'm almost done putting everything together.

White headboard ceiling with recessed lighting
Recessed medicine chest

Walnut floor tiles
Ikea vanity- not that faucet, though
Large white subway tile in shower
Frameless shower doors
White river stone shower floor (lighter grout)
Initial hooks for towels
toilet paper storage
Missing: 
bathroom faucet- Finding a one hole faucet that I like and is reasonably priced is hard!
light- Initially I wanted sconces, but we're putting the vanity right up to the shower doors and since the medicine cabinet is large, there won't really be room for sconces on the sides.  That puts me at a bar light and the designers initially said two lights may be enough for such a small space.  I have yet to find any at Lowe's or Home Depot that I like.  
Toilet- Scott has a Toto toilet he likes that we'll be ordering.  It's just a basic toilet so I didn't bother posting a picture up top.  
Towel bar/ Toilet Paper hanger/etc- This is what totally stresses me out and what would best be left for the end.

Anything else we're missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment